Happy Sunday Funday, everyone! I typically spend my Sundays relaxing with my pets and cleaning. I don’t intend on it to be a day of cleaning but once I get started, I just can’t stop. Whilst waiting for a load of laundry to finish, why not enjoy a little fruity beverage? Yesterday evening, we had a BBQ at my house and I made this tropical cocktail for my family.
If you ask anyone who knows me, my one drink of choice is always Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka. I will literally recommend it to complete strangers if we even bring up the subject of alcohol…talk about brand loyalist! So when I heard Deep Eddy came out with a lemon infused vodka, I had to get my hands on it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka (750 ml)
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- Ice (of course)
- Any fruit of your liking!
And here’s how you do it:
- Make simple syrup – combine the 2 cups of water with the 2 cups of sugar and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, remove it from heat. The sugar should be completely gone and it will look clear.
- Let the simple syrup cool. If you add the vodka while it’s too hot, it will cook out all the alcohol. No bueno!
- Once cool, pour it into a pitcher and add about half the bottle of vodka.
- Cut some lemons and squeeze them in. The simple syrup is so sweet that is needs some extra zing!
- Now for the fun part – cut up all your favorite fruits (I used peaches, oranges, and strawberries) and lay them out on a platter. Also, maybe throw in some extra limes. Now your guests can infuse their lemonade vodka with which ever fruit they like!
I was surprised with how well it came out since I made the recipe up. I am neither a chef nor a bartender, so I think my family was a little relieved after tasting it. It’s kind of like a vodka sangria! …and anything that includes “sangria” in the name is fine by me. I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you try!
*If you’re under 21, use pure lemon juice instead – it would be just as good, if not better.